Vitamin B12 Foods
The human body requires vitamins for various reasons. There is much kind of vitamins that are required in the body and which enter on a daily basis. Vitamin B12 is one of these vitamins and it is believed to be complex but useful in its own ways. Some of the benefits of vitamins B12 in the body are to maintain the correct nervous system, enhance the functioning of the human brain and so on. Lack of this vitamin in the body might lead to some health complications such as exhaustion, anaemia, and depression among other diseases. Vitamins B12 can be found in animal foods naturally, though bacteria are also a known source.
There are many vitamin b12 foods that you can consume in the market. In some cases, you might be consuming these foods and yet you do not know that you are taking them. Unlike other kinds of vitamins which might have some health effects when consumed in excess, vitamin b12 has no effects when consumed in excess. This is because these vitamins are stored in the liver, thus they can be used at another time. At the same time, an excess of vitamin B12 in the body can be passed out.
Vitamin B12 Foods
There are different kinds of vitamin b12 foods that you can come across. It is important to be aware of these foods to enhance the consumption of this vitamin in the body. Here are some of these foods;
- Fish eggs; the mention of fish eggs will leave you wondering how! However, it is significant to note that fish eggs have a high concentration of vitamin B12. Fish eggs are not preferred by many people but they offer this vitamin in plenty. In case you are in a position to get fish eggs, then you need to be aware that you have a good source of vitamin B12.
- Eggs; these are popular in the world and form an incredible meal for most people. There are different kinds of eggs basing on where they come from. However, you need to be aware that not all kinds of eggs are good sources of vitamin B12. It is recommended that you consume eggs from goose, chicken or duck for they are known to be rich in vitamin B12.
- Cheese; many people in the modern world consume cheese. Some people will immediately start salivating with the mention of the term cheese. In case you crave cheese, then you are on the right track. This is because cheese is believed to be a real food that has vitamin B12 in plenty. It is evident that there are many kinds of cheese though most of them are recommended. Some of the recommended cheeses that you should consume include Parmesan, Swiss, Feta and Mozzarella cheese.
- Fish; this is a common meal in most parts of the world and it is rich in vitamins B12. There are many kinds of fish in the market that contain this vitamin though Tuna, Mackerel, Sardines, Herring, Bluefish, Trout and Cod are known to have this vitamin in plenty. One good reason why you are advised to east fish is that it has less cholesterol and that it has Omega 3.
- Lobster and Crab are also good sources of vitamin B12. These are just among the few seafood animals that are delicious and contain this vitamin.
- Beef, Lamb, animal Liver and Octopus are also vitamin b12 foods. These foods can be easily found in the market and that you need to ensure that you consume them as advised by the doctor or nutritionist.
With the above information on vitamin b12 foods, you are in a better position of enhancing the functioning of your body by consuming these foods. It is good to eat at least one kind of food that has vitamin B12 daily.